While I’m Working On This Post 3-30-21 3:43 AM
Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation in which a person or a group covertly sows seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or group, making them question their own memory, perception, or judgment. It may evoke changes in them such as cognitive dissonance or low self-esteem, rendering the victim additionally dependent on the gaslighter for emotional support and validation. Using denial, misdirection, contradiction and disinformation, gaslighting involves attempts to destabilize the victim and delegitimize the victim’s beliefs.
Instances can range from the denial by an abuser that previous abusive incidents occurred, to belittling the victim’s emotions and feelings, to the staging of bizarre events by the abuser with the intention of disorienting the victim.
The goal of gaslighting is to gradually undermine the victim’s confidence in their own ability to distinguish truth from falsehood, right from wrong, or reality from delusion, thereby rendering the individual or group pathologically dependent on the gaslighter for their thinking and feelings.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting
Gaslighting involves a person, or a group of people, the mental abuser or the victimizer, and a second person, the victim, or even a group of persons as victims. It can be either conscious or unconscious, and is carried out covertly, such that the resulting emotional abuse is not overtly abusive.
Gaslighting depends on “first convincing the victim that [the victim’s] thinking is distorted and secondly persuading [the victim] that the victimizer’s ideas are the correct and true ones”. Gaslighting induces cognitive dissonance in the victim, “often quite emotionally charged cognitive dissonance”, and makes the victim question their own thinking, perception, and reality testing, and thereby tends to evoke in them low self-esteem and disturbing ideas and affects, and may facilitate development of confusion, anxiety, depression, and in some extreme cases, even psychosis. After the victim loses confidence in their mental capacities and develops a sense of learned helplessness, they become more susceptible to the victimizer’s control. Victims tend to be people with less power and authority.
The role of either victimizer or victim can oscillate within a given relationship, and often each of the participants is convinced that they are the victim. When a group of people acts as the victimizer, gaslighting does its damage through the group members’ “small, often invisible actions that have power through their accumulation and reinforcement”. Gaslighting has been used by individuals and groups for “attaining interpersonal and social control over the psychic functioning of other individuals and groups”.
Signs and methods
As described by Patricia Evans, seven “warning signs” of gaslighting are the observed abuser’s:
- Withholding information from the victim;
- Countering information to fit the abuser’s perspective;
- Discounting information;
- Using verbal abuse, usually in the form of jokes;
- Blocking and diverting the victim’s attention from outside sources;
- Trivializing (“minimising”) the victim’s worth; and,
- Undermining the victim by gradually weakening them and their thought processes.
Evans considers it necessary to understand the warning signs in order to begin the process of healing from it.
Three Common Methods of Gaslighting
The psychologist Elinor Greenberg has described three common methods of gaslighting:
- Hiding. The abuser may hide things from the victim and cover up what they have done. Instead of feeling ashamed, the abuser may convince the victim to doubt their own beliefs about the situation and turn the blame on themselves.
- Changing. The abuser feels the need to change something about the victim. Whether it be the way the victim dresses or acts, they want the victim to mold into their fantasy. If the victim does not comply, the abuser may convince the victim that he or she is in fact not good enough.
- Control. The abuser may want to fully control and have power over the victim. In doing so, the abuser will try to seclude them from other friends and family so only they can influence the victim’s thoughts and actions. The abuser gets pleasure from knowing the victim is being fully controlled by them.
An abuser’s ultimate goal, as described by the divorce process coach Lindsey Ellison, is to make their victim second-guess their choices and to question their sanity, making them more dependent on the abuser. One tactic used to degrade a victim’s self-esteem is the abuser alternating between ignoring and attending to the victim, so that the victim lowers their expectation of what constitutes affection, and perceives themselves as less worthy of affection.[verification needed]
List of People That Have Been Involved By Exploiting, Gaslighting, Etc., Some REPEATEDLY & CONSTANTLY
- 1. 210cuck from tumbler (exploited my situation of being isolated)
2. Texaslove $210rockthisnation ($5 cash app for what’s my number)
3. Aaron robinson, 1coolcarlc@gmail, aaronRob57863662, bondaaron31.ar@gmail, aaron_francl@yahoo, aaroncasta@yahoo,
4. Agent47, Agent Agent, Agentagents304@gmail.com (acted like larry garners Agent trying to scam me), skip $agent220, email@example.com
5. Andrewatx, amhopkinsatx@gmail, Andrewh, andrewh1975,
6. Luis Castellans, $cashmartin69, martin $playswithsquirrels (told me on twitter “hey look at that squirrel”)
7. Andrew cottingham $jeppyforprez, andrewcot85@gmail, Andrewc41,
8. James Walker $raceready1000, Mr Enterprise, James Shaw, $deagogarcia, (wears an anklet for “allowing” someone to use his computer to hack into a bank, so he says, 2 yrs probation)
Philp Walker was the name on his computer, told me Marcus, that “made his way” to Dunkin donuts in November the night I stayed outside homeless in November.
That I just found and realized that my location was tracked TWO HUNDRED FOURTEEN TIMES (214) BETWEEN THE DATES OF NOVEMBER 14TH THRU DECEMBER 3RD BY AN APP CALLED BLIS.COM. I GOT TO NATCHEZ MISSISSIPPI DECEMBER 2ND. AFTER he “happened” to bump into me on Friday night march 12th when I went to his room, the night I saw the anklet, my devices went under a heavy hack through the clash app, using upnp’s to spread a botnet through all my devices.
9. James Elder III $WhiskyakaWestley,
10. Cashh$, Doc011, Doc Rafferty, Supervillain, Devildoc97@yahoo, dave28622000@yahoo, dave2862200@yahoo, Erik, DOCholiday3366, David Hairaebedian,
Who going by “Supervillain” june 28th 2020 when I was dealing with the first hack wanted only $10 worth of videos making a custom order KNOWING I WAS ALREADY STRESSED AND GOING THRU HELL…who later wanted his money back…Come to realize that was only a ploy to get me out of my place to get cigarettes so someone else to break in my place
11. Foxwitme, Foxboy210, $foxwithme, ouchea,
Way back July 10th 2017, 5:34 AM I took the screen shots. He had called to make make an appt AFTER I HAD BEEN MADE TO FEEL “any lower than what I what already do” at 2:21AM asked where I was, told me he was horny and drunk, who got my address, told me he was at the motel, had me walking all over the parking lot at 2:30 In the morning when he was not there.
12. Vidhyaprakash Ramadan, Lordgrimm0723. Cory Levya, 19cali1972@gmail.
13. Lostcaptiv8@gmail, No one,
14. John Johnson @llubder67, LL, Joel Beckworth, @Lecherous Llama, Dwayne03 (lifetime member who wouldn’t screen),
15. Damian Briseno, damianbriseno@hotmail, damienreed3@gmail,
Contacts by protonmail TODAY 3-25 AFTER HUGE HACK wants to know if I would take $30 for videos that I told him were $50 TWO MONTHS AGO… DON’T HEAR FROM HIM FOR TWO MONTHS
16. Anthony Carter, tonycarter44@gmail,
contacts by protonmail today 3-25 to ask how I am AFTER NOT hearing from him since July 17, 2020 AFTER that HUGE HACK in June and July 2020, asking about vids. ..WAIT’S YET AGAIN TO CONTACT AFTER MY MOST RECENT HACK.
17. Articalleycats@gmail, $articmoon, michael allen
who didn’t pass a screening in September 2020, who I told that I needed his ID in order to match up everything and then turned around the next morning at 5:00 a.m. and sent me $200 when I didn’t tell him anything of that nature by cash app. Who then turned around 2 months later which seems to be the pattern wanted to visit me because he paid thinking him is going to pay his way in my door without passing a screening.
18. C, clarencewheeler3iii@gmail, clarence Wheeler III, firstname.lastname@example.org